Welcome to Ravencoin
Ravencoin is a protocol based on a fork of the Bitcoin code which adds features specifically focused on allowing tokens to be issued on the Ravencoin blockchain. These tokens can have whatever properties the issue of the token decides - so they can be limited in quantity, named and be issued as securities or as collectibles.
You can make your own security token within minutes and have it trade worldwide.
Representing a share of a project
- Gold bar
- Silver coins
- Physical Euros
- Land Deeds
- DC Comics Presents #26
- Energy credits (Electricity, Wood, Gas, Oil, Wind)
Representing virtual goods
- Tickets to an event such as a Baltimore Ravens game with the ability to resell without worry of duplicates being made
- A license to allow an activity
- An access token to use a service
- In-game currency and items, transferable to other gamers outside of the game platform
Representing real world custodied physical or digital asset
- Securities tokens: stock or shares of a company where the shares are represented by a token rather than a physical stock certificate
- Securities or partnership interests with the built-in ability to pay dividends in RVN
- Tokens which represent a coop, limited partnership, royalty sharing or profit sharing platform
- A token which represents a cflexd-funded item with the ability to transfer or resell the item
Representing a credit
- Gift cards
- Airline miles
- Reward points
What Makes Ravencoin Different from Bitcoin?
- Block reward of 5,000 RVN instead of 50 BTC.
- Block time of 1 minute instead of 10.
- Total coin supply of 21 billion instead of 21 million.
- A new mining algorithm, KAWPOW which allows for more decentralized mining.
- Addition of Asset & Sub-asset issuance, transfer, unique assets, and rewards.
- Future addition of messaging and voting.
Get Involved Today!
Become a part of the community and contribute to Ravencoin’s global decentralized network of miners, contributors, traders, and developers.